Friday, April 1, 2011

A is for April

         I love April.  I really do.  I think my favorite poet--ee cummings--did as well.  Once he wrote that every November has its April.  Who hasn't felt that relief when April finally rolls around? My heart feels lighter as i take off my winter coat, and I turn my face to the long-anticipated sun.   In honor of the beginning of National Poetry Month, I'm sharing one of my most favorite cummings poems:



 because it's
Spring
thingS


dare to do people


(&not the other way
round)because it


's A
pril


lives lead their own
persons (in
stead
of everybodyelse's)but
what's wholly
marvellous my


Darling


is that you &
i are more than you


& i (be
ca
us


eIt's we)

 

4 comments:

Dafeenah said...

Loved the poem. I didn't know April was National Poetry Month.

Stopping by from the Challenge
Dafeenah

エイプリル said...

That was such a nice poem. Great post for the challenge!

Sylvia said...

lovely!

Greetings from a fellow
A to Z blogger :)

Ann Grenier said...

Picking at the knots - indeed!