Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Over Lake Grindoryl


        Here she goes again.  We halt flying, immediately, and perch on a solitary rock midway across the turbulent lake.  She is like this every time it rains.  We must stop, and wait. 
         I don't mind shapeshifting into human form, but right now I'm chilled and I'm annoyed with her insistence that we stop and shift into humans every time a droplet falls.  She tells me that the rain reminds her of him, and that human epidermis is more conducive to water absorption.  Well, she doesn't express it like that--in fact, I believe her words were,
        "His kisses slide too quickly down my feathers, and they are gone in an instant.  When I am human, they seep into my pores and never leave..."
         If I could bring him back and tell him what he has left me with I would, then I would kill him all over again.  How is it, despite merciless death, he still pours on her from above? Hence I will have to settle for taking revenge in the afterlife--across this darkened lake--when we get there. 

This vignette was a Magpie Tale...

7 comments:

Cathy Feaster said...

this was a capturing little story...i feel kinda bad for the teller of it

Isabel Doyle said...

Superb!

Anonymous said...

ooo! love this!

Tess Kincaid said...

I love "his kisses slide too quickly down my feathers"...

Peter Greene said...

That was excellent!! Thanks for sharing it out here.

Helen said...

Just perfect for Tess' photo ...

martine said...

loved this, very dark, love the hints about the rest of the story, their relationship and the voice is excellent
thanks for sharing
martine